The Harrop Procter Community Cooperative (HPCC) is inviting expressions of interest from experienced consultants for an operations review of the Harrop Procter Forest Products (HPFP) sawmill.
The sawmill processes timber from HPCC community forest operations, and other forestry operations in the region, and has been in operation for more than a decade. As part of the implementation of HPCC’s Strategic Plan, an operational review will help to inform priority setting, consideration of operational efficiencies and new planning to respond to opportunities and risks in the future.
This phase of operational review is anticipated to include:
- Identification of opportunities for efficiencies from workflow redesign, including management and staff duties.
- Options for consideration, such as:
- Equipment scenarios to meet the needs of the mill over the coming period, including identification of replacement priorities and suggested timing
- Operational scenarios to respond to softening of the market
- Physical layout of buildings and property
- Waste management issues and opportunities
- A recommended action plan
Interested consultants are asked to submit a brief expression of interest by August 31 outlining their experience and background relevant to the project, and a proposed approach to the review with a value not to exceed $15,000 to email@example.com. The work is anticipated to be done over the fall/early winter of this year. A more detailed project outline is attached.
For more information, contact Carly Dow at firstname.lastname@example.org